- Admissions Calendar & Audition Schedule
- Admissions Process & Application
- Audition Procedures
- Virtual Open House & Workshops
THE VIRTUAL AUDITION PROCEDURES FOR 2021 ARE NOW LIVE!
If your online application and all supporting materials have been received by the application deadlines, you will secure an audition spot – be sure to check back in January 2021 for the virtual audition platform Acceptd information. Each department has its own audition process.
All students must complete an audition profile on our virtual audition platform, Acceptd. We will share the link once the portal to register is open in January 2021. Students will have until February 1, 2021 to upload all of their audition materials. Auditions begin, Wednesday, February 3, and are scheduled by art department and the first letter of your last name. Please be sure to review all requirements outlined below. Once you create a profile, and upload all of your materials, you will log-in the day of your audition and join us virtually!
In addition to the suggestions below on creating a studio in your own home, please note that you should be in a quiet and well-lit space, be sure that your computer or phone are fully charged and functioning properly. While we understand that many of you may be uncomfortable on camera, that is a requirement for all auditions. All virtual auditions just like in-person auditions are closed to parents/guardians, family members or peers. If there is anyone else in the room with you during your audition, you may be disqualified. If you leave during your audition, you may also be disqualified.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the above, please contact the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-631-3129.
Click on the arts disciplines below to learn about the 2021 virtual auditions for that department. Students can apply for (2) art departments.
- All departments offer Virtual Audition Workshops in December and January to help students prepare for their official audition. Students who participate will be able to learn what to bring, review the audition procedures, learn how to build a portfolio, present their work with confidence and prepare their work for the audition. Visit www.ellingtonschool.org/admissions for more information and how to sign up – workshops cost $10. This fee can be waived for special circumstances, please email email@example.com if you would like to request one.
- Auditions begin the first week of February 2021 – immediately after the application deadline! Make sure to visit our website to review the audition schedule. Auditions are scheduled through the Acceptd Virtual Audition platform, for all students who successfully apply via MySchoolDC. You must view your audition date and time based on your art department and the first letter of your last name.
|Literary Media and Communications||Museum Studies|
|Technical Design and Production||Theatre|
|Visual Arts||Vocal Music|