SHADE is Ellington’s Parent-Teacher Organization and the voice of Ellington families with the school; the Office of State Superintendent of Education; DC Public Schools; DC elected officials; and the Georgetown/greater DC community.
But to be heard by all, it needs your voice, too!
By joining, you help SHADE:
- Protect the integrity and reputation of Ellington and your child’s education.
- Engage in the fight for full funding and uplifting our historic institution.
- Compete for the attention and resources that other DCPS schools receive.
- Keep you informed of the latest developments and school news.
- Support faculty and staff through appreciation and enrichment activities.
- Enact other ideas proposed by parents like you.
Annual dues are only $30 families, $15 for an individual, $10 for a teacher/staff member, and $5 for a student. It only takes a couple of simple steps:
- Complete the online membership application, which is available here.
- Pay your dues via PayPal (ShadeTreasurer@gmail.com), CashApp ($Shadefunds), or a check/money order payable to SHADE, Duke Ellington School of the Arts, 3500 R Street, NW, Washington, DC 20007.
To receive communication from SHADE, please click here and sign up for Rallyhood. Just type “Shade” in the white search box on the top right hand side and select “Shade at Duke Ellington School of the Arts.” Type your email address, click “Next,” and create an account.
Your Chance to Win: Everyone who joins before Wednesday, Sept. 30, is automatically entered into a raffle. The winner receives four tickets to any Ellington event. Contact SHADE’s membership at SHADEMembership@gmail.com and/or send general inquiries to SHADE@ellingtonarts.org. Follow SHADE on Facebook and Instagram. Finally, please visit the SHADE PTO website for more information.