From the Principal’s Desk
Monday, October 11, 2021
Dear Ellington Community,
Thank you to everyone who participated in Thursday’s Parent-Teachers Conferences. We hope that you were able to get a clear vision of your student’s progress.
Reminder, in celebration of Indigenous Peoples’ Day tomorrow, Monday, October 11, 2021, the school will be closed and there will be no school for students and staff.
Good luck to all of our students taking the SAT or PSAT on Wednesday, October 13. Remember, students will be dismissed early after they complete the exam. All students will be testing. Approximate dismissal times are as follows:
Early Dismissal Schedule – Wednesday, October 13
9th Grade: 11:30 a.m.
10th Grade: 12:30 p.m.
11th Grade: 12:30 p.m.
12th Grade: 12:30 p.m.
Additionally, remember that Arts Fees are due this Tuesday, October 12. Please see below for more information and pay here. Contact email@example.com for questions.
Please note these important reminders from our admin team:
- Dress Code: It is important that all students comply with the dress code in order to maintain a professional and educational environment at all times.
- Lunch Deliveries: Students cannot order food to be delivered to the school during normal school hours. 8:30 am to 4:55 pm. Food delivered to the school during this time will be confiscated.
- Seniors: we will review our Off-Campus Policy once Progress Reports are completed. Students must be in good standing in order to receive this privilege. Parents must sign a permission slip before lunch passes are distributed.
- Snack Selling is Prohibited: students are not permitted to bring snacks to sell on campus for personal or for fundraising purposes.
- Students, please remember that attendance is taken during Advisory. Please be advised that the DCPS robocall is activated with only 1 missed class.
In an effort to facilitate better community communication, please review and download the SY21-22 DESA Contact Chart on whom to contact for various subject areas. They will be added to our School App this week as well.
See you tomorrow!
Principal Sandi M. Logan
“True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost. -Arthur Ashe
Full Ellington Express: