DCPS COVID-19 Testing Plan For Students
We want to remind families, if your student or if you (staff) test positive or have any concerns regarding the school’s COVID-19 procedures please contact ALL THREE members of our COVID-19 Response Team:
Lisa Jones, Assistant Principal, Lisa.Jones2@k12.dc.gov
Isaac Daniel, Assistant Principal, Isaac.Daniel@k12.dc.gov
Jevelle Branch, Director of Operations & Collaborative Projects, Jevelle.Branch@k12.dc.gov
We continue to work with DCPS and DC Health to ensure the health and safety of students and staff. If there are any updates we will continue to share them with our community via email.
● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●
Thursday, December 30, 2021
Dear Ellington Community,
I hope you all are enjoying your Winter Break. I know this has been difficult but I appreciate your patience as we continue to follow compliance from DCPS and the Mayor’s Office. Due to Ellington’s public/private relationship with DCPS, we are being extra diligent to follow protocols and guarantee the public safety of the Ellington community.
We are asking that all test results be uploaded to the DC Health portal AND emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Knowing that not all of our staff or students are DC residents or DCPS employees, we want you to have equal access to testing opportunities. We strongly encourage you to pick up a testing kit directly from Ellington. This can help guarantee that everyone has equal opportunities to get tested and to ensure results are accurately recorded. You must upload your results by 4 p.m. on Tuesday, January 4, 2022.
Testing kits will be picked up according to your Art department. Please read the schedule below to see what time you should arrive.
COVID-19 Testing Schedule for Students, Wednesday, January 5, 2022
NOTE: Please dress warmly as we are expecting extremely cold temperatures. Also, the building will be closed and portable toilets are on-site for use. Once kits are picked up, students should either immediately administer and report the test or go back home. Social distancing policies will be in place and masks are required.
8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. – Instrumental Music & Dance
9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. – Technical Design and Production & Vocal Music
10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. – Literary Media and Communications & Visual Arts
11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Theatre & Museum Studies
Thursday, January 6, 2022 – Return to school for in-person learning. All students must show proof of a negative COVID-19 test before returning to school on Wednesday. If not, they will have to be quarantined away from their peers and picked up by a parent or guardian ASAP. Tests administered before Tuesday, January 4 will not be accepted.
Bell Schedule Update: January 6 – The school will be on a Monday schedule with a staggered start.
7:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. – 9th and 10th grade arrival
8:45 a.m. – 9:45 a.m. – 11th and 12th grade arrival
- Students are encouraged to retrieve testing kits from their enrolled school but may retrieve a test kit from any DCPS school.
- Submit testing results: https://dcps.dc.gov/safereturn
- You must upload your test results by 4 p.m. on January 4th.
- Reminder: if you test positive or are a close contact, in addition to emailing email@example.com, please immediately notify our COVID-19 Response Team via email: Lisa.Jones2@k12.dc.gov, Isaac.Daniel@k12.dc.gov, and Jevelle.Branch@k12.dc.gov
- Across the District, there are many options for COVID testing. Coronavirus@dc.gov provides all information about pop-up testing sites, firehouse testing sites, and test yourself options. PCR Rapid Testing is open to anyone. Test Yourself Express will require DC proof of residency.
I’m grateful for each and every one of you. I am confident that we will have a strong start to the new year while keeping each other safe and healthy! Happy New Year!
Sandi M. Logan