Back to School Night
Back-to-School Night at Duke Ellington School of the Arts! Back-to-School Night will be an evening for families to meet our dynamic leadership, administration, and extensive team of social workers, guidance counselors, and academic teachers.
Although we will not have an opportunity to focus on our art classes, we will allow you to tour the building and see the location of your child’s department.
BACK-TO-SCHOOL NIGHT SCHEDULE
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 15, 2022
6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
5:30 p.m. – Doors Open in Theater
6:00 – 6:30 p.m. – Opening Program
- Co-Founders Video
- Welcome and Introduction of Principal – Director Greg Watkins
- Opening Remarks and SY 22-23 Vision – Principal Sandi Logan
- Brief Remarks – AP Jones
- Brief Remarks – AP Daniel
- SHADE PTO Presentation – Co-President Amber Golden & Co-President Katitia Baptiste
- I AM Ellington Video
- Closing Remarks – Principal Sandi Logan
- Dismissal to Classrooms – Director Greg Watkins
6:45 – 8:00 p.m. – Parent-Teacher Meet & Greet – (Academics)
*Please print and bring a copy of your child’s schedule to Back-to-School Night. Parents will spend 15 mins in their child’s classroom starting with their 1st-period class, and announcements will be made when it’s time for classroom transitions.
We hope you all can make it tomorrow and thank you for all you do to partner with us for your child’s success!
Sandi M. Logan
Principal / Head of School