Slideshow 1
Slideshow Overlay
Inner Banner 1 Inner Banner Overlay


Do our students continue to study art after high school, and where do they go to school after?

Yes.  Students attend various schools throughout the country such as Philadelphia School of the Arts, MICA (Maryland Institute College of Art), Cal Art (California Institute of the Arts), VCU (Virginia Commonwealth University) and many more.

Knowing that DESA is outstanding in arts, what weight/role is given to the academic side of studies?

Students are expected to complete the high school course curriculum according to DCPS standards.

What are the different possible careers an artist could have?

Art Education, Graphics Artist, Animation, Commercial Artist, Freelance Artist, Set Designers and many more!

What art disciplines will they study while at Ellington?

Students will study a sequence of courses in Drawing, Painting, Printmaking, Computer Graphics, Sculpture, Photography and Art History.


Corner Bottom left