- Admissions Calendar & Audition Schedule
- Admissions Process & Application
- Audition Procedures
- Virtual Open House & Workshops
Virtual Open House & Workshops
Come experience Ellington at a Virtual Open House
November 18, 2020 – 3:00P – 5:00P
January 13, 2021 – 3:00P – 5:00P
3500 R St NW
Washington, DC 20007
VIRTUAL ACCESS INFORMATION WILL BE SENT TO YOUR EMAIL
Wondering if Ellington is right for you?
Pay us a virtual visit during one of our scheduled Virtual Open Houses – learn more about our extraordinary program and see us in action. We will have amazing content to share with you, behind-the-scenes access, live Q&A and breakout sessions to all of our Arts Departments. We look forward to seeing you!
Open houses run from 3:00P – 5:00P and we recommend you join us virtually for the entire program so you don’t miss anything! We will show you images of our newly renovated Ellington Theatre with a general presentation, and then go on virtual visits to our arts departments. See & hear what life at Ellington is really like!
Admissions Process and Dates
Apply to Ellington!
Duke Ellington School of the Arts has a five-part admission process: application and audition, and for those who pass their audition, an academic assessment test, family interview and committee review.
• TBD: Complete the DCPS online application. Check ellingtonschool.org/admissions/application-process for updates and to link to the DCPS application (www.MySchoolDC.org)
• Early February 2021 – Audition! You are responsible for checking the audition schedule and showing up on that specific date and time. More details to come.
• February and March 2021 – Academic assessment test and family interviews for students who pass their audition(s). Dates TBD.
• TBD 2021 – Admissions decisions announced via MySchoolDC.