- Admissions Calendar & Audition Schedule
- Admissions Process & Application
- Audition Procedures
- Virtual Open House & Workshops
Admissions Calendar & Audition Schedule
School Year 2020-2021 Admissions Process Update:
Due to the ongoing global pandemic caused by the COVID-19 virus, all admissions events will be held virtually until further notice. Now more than ever, please be sure to check your email regularly and ensure we have your contact information on file. We will update this page once the process is finalized, thank you.
2021 AUDITION SCHEDULE IS FINALIZED AND POSTED HERE
IF YOU NEED TO CONTACT SOMEONE IMMEDIATELY PLEASE CALL 202-282-0123
Important admissions dates:
- Open Houses – Virtual Open Houses will be held on November 18, 2020 and January 13, 2021. Please see our Open Houses page for dates and to RSVP.
- If you missed an Open House check out our slides here!
- Applications – Applications are submitted via the MySchoolDC.org website. Applications are open from December through February. Please see MySchoolDC.org for the application dates and guidelines
- Auditions – February 3 – 12, 2021.
- All virtual auditions are being held through the virtual audition platform – Acceptd o
- Students must do the following in order to audition – see our AUDITION CHECKLIST!
- Create a profile
- Upload materials requested in the Audition Procedures by February 1, 2021
- Schedule your audition
- Auditions are scheduled by the art department and the FIRST LETTER of the student’s LAST NAME.
- ONLY sign up the student to audition and no one else
And for students who have passed an audition:
- Academic Assessment Test
- Mandatory Arts Presentation Night
- Family Interviews
For ALL auditions: It’s the student’s responsibility to be prepared for their audition by reviewing the audition procedures and by scheduling their audition and creating a profile through Acceptd.
For ALL VIRTUAL AUDITIONS – JOIN ACCEPTD:
- Read the schedule below carefully so you know when to log-in for your audition, and plan to arrive in the virtual audition room 20-30 minutes early.
- VIRTUAL AUDITION PLATFORM: To create an audition profile, upload the required materials and schedule your virtual audition you MUST do so on the Acceptd platform by February 1, 2021. https://app.getacceptd.com/DukeEllingtonDC
- Be sure to review the audition procedures to know what to expect, how to prepare, and any special instructions there may be for that department as to what to prepare, upload, or how to be dressed. Audition procedures are found here: https://www.ellingtonschool.org/admissions/auditions-procedures
- CHECK-IN TIME: You can check in for your audition as early 1:30PM when the virtual lobby will be open.
- Theatre students who have auditions on Saturday, Monday – Wednesday can check in at 10:00a.
- Be on time to your audition! We recommend checking in at least 20-30 minutes early to make sure you can access the portal, check your internet connection, audio and camera. If possible, be early!
- Be prepared to stay a few hours with us– virtual auditions take varying amounts of time; some will go 10 minutes while others can last several hours depending on the art department.
- AUDITIONS ARE CLOSED!
- All virtual auditions just like in-person auditions are closed to parents/guardians, family members or peers. If there is anyone else in the room with you during your audition, you may be disqualified. If you leave during your audition, you may also be disqualified
- If your student needs any special accommodations or support for the AUDITION DAY, please send an email directly to our Director of External Affairs & Community Engagement, Mrs. Overton Williams (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If after completing your application you have decided that you would like to change which 1 or 2 departments you would like to audition for, please contact us at email@example.com. Please also contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are auditioning from another time zone and will have issues joining us virtually.
Please click on the links below for the audition schedule for your desired department:
Literary Media and Communications
Technical Design and Production