- Community Handbook
- Community Services
- COVID-19 Updates
- Middle States Accreditation
- DC Public Schools
- Bell Schedule
- Board of Directors
- VIPs & Ellington
In-Person Format for SY20-21 Term 4
Saturday, April 24, 2021
Greetings Ellington Families,
We trust you are all well and remaining safe. We want to thank those of you who have registered for Term 4 in-person attendance, which begins Monday, April 26. We also want every family to be aware of the process and be confident that all DCPS and CDC guidelines on Covid-19 are being followed to maximize safety for everyone in the building.
Roughly 100 seats remain for families still contemplating in-person attendance. Please note that students must be registered to be eligible to return. To register, or share questions and concerns, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In-person attendees will report to school on their Arts department’s designated days and spend the entire day at school. They will receive virtual instruction on the other days.
The building opens to students at 8:15 a.m. Upon entering, students will go through the “Ask, Ask, Look” protocol and have their temperature taken by a medical professional from the DC Health Department. Then they will be directed to designated waiting areas and maintain social distance guidelines.
- 8:30 a.m.: Option to receive a bagged breakfast; masks can only be removed while students are seated and eating
- 9:15 a.m.: Transition to assigned class via escort
- 9:30 a.m.: Log into classes
- 12:20 p.m.: Escorted to a designated lunch area by cohort; option to receive a bagged lunch or eat a lunch brought from home
- 1:05 p.m.: Return by cohort to assigned cohort classroom
- 2:35 p.m.: Report by cohort to an assigned Arts room; Arts room assignments will be provided in person
- 5:20 p.m.: Dismissed in a staggered manner
ACADEMIC ROOM ASSIGNMENTS
Students’ assigned room and teacher will appear in Aspen on Sunday, April 25. They will be coded on the line 12-PA, which means In Person Attendance. In the example below, the classroom is 127 and the teacher is Ms. Laura Moticka.
KIDS RIDE FREE
Here’s the sign-up link for Metro’s Kids Ride Free card (DC residents only). You will receive notification when the card is ready and it will be distributed it to your child.
ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS FOR RETURNING FAMILIES