- Community Handbook
- Community Services
- COVID-19 Updates
- Middle States Accreditation
- DC Public Schools
- Bell Schedule – SY21-22
- Board of Directors
- VIPs & Ellington
“Ask, Ask, Look” Protocols & DCPS Health & Safety
Ellington utilizes the “Ask, Ask, Look” protocol recommended by DC Health and Office of the State Superintendent of Education to support daily screening for staff and students. All employees have been provided with separate guidance related to this protocol for adults before reporting to work in person. The following information will implement the protocol with students through a home-school partnership. Ellington and DCPS expect families to implement the “Ask, Ask, Look” protocol DAILY before students depart for school. For comprehensive information, Click here.
DCPS has a great resource webpage with all the information on Health and Safety for the School Year 2021-2022.
Please make sure you check out the Health & Safety – Reopen Strong site which outlines the safety measures and precautions DCPS and Ellington will be implementing. We will also be sharing more information about what measures we are taking in each art department as well.
Some of the topics addressed are:
- Healthy routines at home
- HVAC enhancements
- Enhanced cleaning protocols
- Building readiness
- Space arrangements and social distancing
- Student meals
- Illness screening and testing
- COVID-19 reporting protocols
- Quarantine protocols
- COVID-19 vaccine availability
- Best practices, visitor regulations, and more!
School-Based COVID-19 Testing Information and Opt-Out Form
Asymptomatic testing will take place every Wednesday for students from 1:45p to 4:55p in room 140.
For School Year 21-22, DCPS will continue to provide COVID-19 testing for all students. Here are the testing programs that will be offered to students:
- Routine asymptomatic testing: The student may be selected as part of a random sample of individuals weekly to receive a test for the COVID-19 virus.
- Close contact testing: If the student is identified as a close contact of an individual who has COVID-19 in the school setting, they would be eligible for COVID-19 testing after the exposure.
- Symptomatic testing: The student will complete a COVID-19 test if they develop symptoms of COVID-19 at school.
Click here for the form.