Introducing Family Connection from Naviance!
A web-based service designed especially for students and parents. Family Connection is a comprehensive website that you and your student can use to help in making decisions about colleges and careers. Family Connection, is a service that we use in our office to track and analyze data about college and career plans, so it provides up-to-date information that’s specific to Duke Ellington School of the Arts.
Family Connection will allow you and your student to:
- Get involved in the planning and advising process – Build a resume, complete on-line surveys, and manage timelines and deadlines for making decisions about colleges and careers
- Research colleges – Compare GPA, standardized test scores, and other statistics to actual historical data from DESA for students who have applied and been admitted in the past
- Sign up for college visits – Find out which colleges are visiting our school and sign up to attend those sessions
Family Connection will also lets us share information with you and your child about up-coming meetings and events, local scholarship opportunities, and other Web resources for college and career information. In addition, the site includes a link that your child can use to send us an e-mail message. To visit our school’s Family Connection site, use your Web browser to connect to:
Parents a personal registration code is required to open your account and begin utilizing this tremendous resource. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your registration code, include your name and your students name and grade.
Once you receive your personal registration code; please follow the instructions below:
- Step 1 – Visit http://connection.naviance.com/ellingtonsa
- Step 2 – On the Naviance Family Connection Portal, click the “I need to register” link.
- Step 3 – Enter your personal registration code
- Step 4 – You will be asked to complete your registration by filling in your email and setting up a password.
- Once this is completed, you will be brought to your student’s Naviance Family Connection Portal. Remember that what you see is a read-only version of the portal. Feel free to explore all of the wonderful things that you and your student has access to!
Questions? Please visit the Counseling Suite (Meyer Campus) for further details.