February Recess – No School
This year, DC Public Schools will have a February Recess from Tuesday, February 19 to Friday, February 22, beginning after the Presidents Day holiday on Monday, February 18. Over this break, we encourage our students and families to take advantage of these opportunities offered by DCPS and our city agency partners:
- Meals for DCPS Students: DCPS will offer free lunch for any interested DCPS student at:
- Anacostia High School, 1601 16th St. SE
- Columbia Heights Education Campus, 3101 16th St. NW
- Eastern High School, 1700 East Capitol St. NE
- H.D. Woodson High School, 540 55th St. NE.
- Lunch will be served from 10:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. from Tuesday, February 19 through Friday, February 22.
- DPR Mid-Winter Break Camps: The DC Department of Parks and Recreation will offer camps at locations across the district for students ages 6-12. The overarching theme for the camps will be “Move, Grow, and Be Green.” The camps cost $40 per session per student for D.C. residents and payment is due at registration. Registration is open, so register to secure your spot today!
- Community Service: DCPS is partnering with Serve DC to provide our students meaningful opportunities for community service during the mid-winter break. This opportunity is available for 12th graders who need additional community service hours to be eligible for graduation. Please reach out to your school counselor or Terri-Ann Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 698-1710 if your student is interested in participating in a service project during this break.
For more information about the DCPS calendar, please visit the DCPS website.