- Admissions Calendar & Audition Schedule
- Admissions Process & Application
- Audition Procedures
- Open Houses
Wondering if Ellington is right for you?
Pay us a visit during one of our scheduled Open Houses – learn more about our extraordinary program and see us in action, with student-led tours of the school and visits to arts departments while classes are in session. We look forward to seeing you!
Come experience Ellington at one of our Open House Events
Join us for our last year in our swing space before our return to our home in Georgetown!
ALL OPEN HOUSES WILL BE HELD AT OUR GARNET-PATTERSON LOCATION:
Ellington @ Garnet-Patterson
2001 10th St NW
Washington, DC 20001
Tuesday, October 18, 2016 – 3:00P – 4:30P
Tuesday, November 29, 2016 – 3:00P – 4:30P
Saturday, January 28, 2017 – 11:00A – 12:30P (Previously Jan 7th, rescheduled due to snow)
Open houses run from 3:00P – 4:30P and we recommend you come for the entire program so you don’t miss anything! You will start in our Main Lobby with a general presentation, and then go on student-led tours of the school and visits to arts classes. See & hear what life at Ellington is really like!
Parking: At our temporary campus parking is unavailable for visitors, therefore; we strongly encourage you to take the Metro! We are located directly across the street from the Green/Yellow Line (U Street/African-American Civil War Memorial).
Admissions Process and Dates
Apply to Ellington!
Duke Ellington School of the Arts has a four-part admission process: application and audition, and for those who pass their audition, an academic assessment test and family interview.
• December 12, 2016 – February 1, 2017: Complete the DCPS online application. Check ellingtonschool.org/admissions/application-process for updates and to link to the DCPS application (www.MySchoolDC.org)
• Early February – Audition! Auditions will be held in the beginning of February. You are responsible for checking the audition schedule and showing up on that specific date and time. More details to come.
• February and March – Academic assessment test and family interviews for students who pass their audition(s)
• April 1, 2017 – Admissions decisions announced.