- Admissions Calendar & Audition Schedule
- Admissions Process & Application
- Audition Procedures
- Open Houses
Wondering if Ellington is right for you?
Pay us a visit during one of our scheduled Open Houses – learn more about our extraordinary program and see us in action, with student-led tours of the school and visits to arts departments while classes are in session. We look forward to seeing you!
Come experience Ellington at one of our Open House Events
3500 R St NW
Washington, DC 20007
Thursday, November 14, 2019 – 3:00P – 4:30P
Thursday, January 9, 2020 – 3:00P – 4:30P
Open houses run from 3:00P – 4:30P and we recommend you come for the entire program so you don’t miss anything! You will start in our newly renovated Ellington Theatre with a general presentation, and then go on student-led tours of the school and visits to arts classes. See & hear what life at Ellington is really like!
Parking: There is no on-site parking at the school. Please see below for transportation options.
Street Parking (please adhere to parking signage)
· 35th Street
· 36th Street
· R Street
· S Street
Please also consider using public transportation:
Bus: If you catch the bus to Ellington, two Metro Bus lines, D2 & D6, are available and will take you right to the 35th and Reservoir road entrance. The Circulator and the 32 bus are also great options – get off at Wisconsin and R and walk a short distance (great way to get your 10,000 steps in!).
Train: Nearest Metro stations are: DuPont Circle (RED LINE) or Foggy Bottom-GWU (BLUE/ORANGE/SILVER LINE)
Admissions Process and Dates
Apply to Ellington!
Duke Ellington School of the Arts has a four-part admission process: application and audition, and for those who pass their audition, an academic assessment test and family interview.
• December 16, 2019 – February 1, 2020: Complete the DCPS online application. Check ellingtonschool.org/admissions/application-process for updates and to link to the DCPS application (www.MySchoolDC.org)
• Early February – Audition! Auditions will be held in the beginning of February. You are responsible for checking the audition schedule and showing up on that specific date and time. More details to come.
• February and March – Academic assessment test and family interviews for students who pass their audition(s)
• March 27, 2020 – Admissions decisions announced via MySchoolDC.