- Admissions Calendar & Audition Schedule
- Admissions Process & Application
- Audition Procedures
- Open Houses
Admissions Calendar & Audition Schedule
2019 AUDITION SCHEDULE FINALIZED AS OF 12.7.18
IF YOU NEED TO CONTACT SOMEONE IMMEDIATELY PLEASE CALL 202-282-0123
Important admissions dates:
- Open Houses – Open Houses will be held in November 2018 and January 2019. Please see our Open Houses page for dates and to RSVP.
- Applications – Applications are submitted via the MySchoolDC.org website. Applications are open from December 10, 2018 through February 1, 2019. Please see MySchoolDC.org for the application dates and guidelines.
- Auditions – Audition Week Saturday, February 2 – Friday, February 8, 2019
- Start preparing for your audition today – click here to review the audition procedures.
And for students who have passed an audition:
- Academic Assessment Test
- Mandatory Arts Presentation Night
- Family Interviews
For ALL auditions:
- Read the schedule below carefully so you know when to come for your audition, and plan to arrive early.
- Be sure to review the audition procedures to know what to expect, how to prepare, and any special instructions there may be for that department as to what to bring or how to be dressed. Audition procedures are found here: http://www.ellingtonschool.org/admissions/auditions-procedures
- CHECK-IN TIME: You can check in for your audition as early 12:30PM but no earlier. Theatre students who have callbacks Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday can check in as early as 10:00AM.
- Be on time to your audition! We realize that traffic can be an issue, but some auditions cannot be joined late. If possible, be early!
- Be prepared to stay a few hours with us – auditions take varying amounts of time. Note that parents/guardians do not need to wait at school while students are auditioning, and cannot sit in on auditions. We will have space for family/supporters to wait for auditions comfortably at Ellington should they chose to do so.
- In addition to any audition-specific items, please bring the following with you to your audition:
- A copy of your latest report card if a newer one has been released since you completed your online application, and
- A copy of any recommendation letters only if they were submitted to the online application later than February 1. If they were submitted on or before the 1st we will already have them.
If after completing your application you have decided that you would like to change which 1 or 2 departments you would like to audition for, please contact Ms. Overton at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-631-3129. Please also contact Ms. Overton if you are traveling from out of town for auditions, and must make advance travel arrangements.