- Admissions Calendar & Audition Schedule
- Admissions Process & Application
- Audition Procedures
- Open Houses
Admissions Calendar & Audition Schedule
IF YOU NEED TO CONTACT SOMEONE IMMEDIATELY PLEASE CALL 202-282-0123
Important admissions dates:
- Open Houses – Open Houses will be held from October 2016 through January 2017. Please see our Open Houses page page for dates and to RSVP.
- Applications – Applications are submitted via the MySchoolDC.org website. Applications are open from December 12, 2016 through February 1, 2017. Please see MySchoolDC.org for the application dates and guidelines.
- Auditions – Saturday, February 4 – Friday, February 10, 2017:
- See Audition Schedule links below for the date and time for you to audition
- Start preparing for your audition today – click here to review the audition procedures.
And for students who have passed an audition:
- Academic Assessment Test (Saturday, February, 18, 2017 – 8:45A – 11:30A)
- Mandatory Arts Presentation Night (Tuesday, February 21, 2017 – 6:30P)
- Family Interviews (Begin February 23, 2017 – more details to come after auditions round)
For ALL auditions: (updated Sept 8, 2016)
● Read the schedule below carefully so you know when to come for your audition, and plan to arrive early.
● Be sure to review the audition procedures to know what to expect, how to prepare, and any special instructions there may be for that department as to what to bring or how to be dressed. Audition procedures are found here: http://www.ellingtonschool.org/admissions/auditions-procedures
● CHECK-IN TIME: You can check in for your audition as early 12:30PM but no earlier.
● Be on time to your audition! We realize that traffic can be an issue, but some auditions cannot be joined late. If possible, be early!
● Be prepared to stay a few hours with us – auditions take varying amounts of time. Note that parents/guardians do not need to wait at school while students are auditioning, and cannot sit in on auditions. We will have space for family/supporters to wait for auditions comfortably at Ellington should they chose to do so.
● In addition to any audition-specific items, please bring the following with you to your audition:
►►►► A copy of your latest report card if a newer one has been released since you completed your online application, and
►►►► A copy of any recommendation letters only if they were submitted to the online application later than February 1. If they were submitted on or before the 1st we will already have them.
ALL AUDITIONS ARE HELD AT GARNET-PATTERSON:
2001 10th Street NW
Washington, DC 20001
PARKING: There is NO parking at Garnet-Patterson. We highly suggest you take public transportation to visit us. We are directly across from the U Street/African-American Civil War Memorial/Cardozo Metro Station (Green/Yellow line). There is also a bus stop which services several lines.
If you do prefer to drive, there is parking available in the back lot at our Meyer Campus just up the road (2501 11th Street NW). Please note, it is about a 0.5 mile / 10-minute walk.
If after completing your application you have decided that you would like to change which 1 or 2 departments you would like to audition for, please contact Ms. Overton at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also contact Ms. Overton if you are traveling from out of town for auditions, and must make advance travel arrangements.